Is your committed relationship in a bit of a rut? Do you keep having the same argument? This experiential class teaches fundamental relational skills that create greater trust and intimacy:
· Turning complaint into request – the magical path to getting what you want.
· Responsible leave-taking – how to take care of yourself without harming your relationship.
· Boundary setting –the paradoxical secret to having greater intimacy.
· How to succeed at difficult conversations – why asking for what you really want is more important than pleasing your partner.
· Giving and receiving – why receiving is more important than giving.
· Understanding the natural cycle of connection-disruption-repair – also the secret to raising healthy, resilient children.
You will also learn:
· Why good “communication skills” aren’t enough
· Why we do what we do
· The difference between Being in Love and Being in Relationship
· Why your partner wants you to have their back and what that means
· The awesome destructive power of resentment and what to do about it
· Handling the paradox that a woman wants to feel emotionally intimate before having sex, and a man seeks emotional intimacy by having sex
· What to do when you lose your temper
Saturday, 1-5 pm. Limited to six couples. Through March 13: $125 per couple, $150 after. Sign up here.
After registering you will receive a brief pre-work survey to return prior to the workshop. As part of the survey, you will be able to ask questions or suggest topics to be covered in the class.